Saturday, March 24, 2012

What's it Worth?





















I'm sitting and sniveling in my best girl-friend's bed in San Francisco, preparing for my 11 hour flight back to France. I am sick, true to form: I manage to be heroically resilient against cold and flu until a flight shows up within the 24 hour range. -Then I'm seemingly set upon by throat-seizing microbes. I was sick on the way over and it looks like I'll be sick on the way back.

But this isn't what I want to complain out. I want to complain that I'm on the verge of devastated because this week is the last week my significant other has to find and secure a vineyard on the West coast for his 6 month internship arriving this summer. If he doesn't manage, he'll have to get one in France. Meaning, if I want to stay with him, I may have to move to a smaller town, miss my brother's wedding and Christmas with the family yet again to lead a moderately lonely life abroad. -Especially if I only get to see my guy on weekends.

Naturally, I'm apprehensive about staying by his side. Yes, I love France, but I'll have to fight the visa battle again and endure our shared social life which honestly, makes me cringe. I don't really enjoy his wine student contemporaries and facing another 6 months of choosing between late nights with them or staying home lonely depresses me.

But I love him. Do I somehow go home and enjoy the 4 months we have together, then when the internship starts, pack up with a straight face and leave? Go to the states, or Hawaii with my family, and plot out a new future without him? Or do I figure love is worth everything, which I'm beginning to think it is, and stay?








p.s: if you haven't all ready, please remember to Fight for the Phoque, and send a message to the Canadian prime minister.

3 comments:

  1. You figure it out. Somehow. This is such a cliche BUT if you love the guy, whatever happens, it'll all work out. How can it not?

    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you should follow your heart.. i know it's difficult but the heart always knows best

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Little Tree, its all about you and what you think matters the most. Think about it a thousand times because it's your relationship that's at stake in the decision you will make.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...